Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Dude is Whacked...

Thursday-Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blessings of Peace Kin Kin. Thank you Sane and Reverent Allies of Living, Loving Light.

Happy Groundhog Day! If the superstition holds true then spring will be early this year! Sounds good to me.

We had a snow day here in Las Cruces, so I've been catching up on the reading for the history class I'm taking, One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. I'm thoroughly enjoying the read. Hopefully, I'll be able to figure out a paper for it this weekend to tie it into the wars for independence in Latin America.

I keep hoping to hear back about the ethanol folks that supposedly "do" ethanol here in Las Cruces, but then maybe it's all a ruse. Wouldn't be the first time I've been hoodwinked.

Somebody is starting to read this journal. How weird. I figured it was just easy to access data for the future. The one thing about writing is that it's much easier to scan for information unlike audio or video. Yet if one has access to written as well as audio and visual data... Yeah, this is going somewhere.

A couple of weeks ago somebody mentioned "psychotonic warfare" in a message while I was still working with facebook. So I Googled it and Yahoo'd it and it's pretty out there. Not that "out there" perplexes me. I figured the weird phenomena I've experienced since the 1990's had to do with nanotechnology, and maybe it does. The guy who mentioned "psychotronic warfare" never replied but then I sent him and his lover a pretty out there email and I was all ready picking up some fairly negative vibes from the boyfriend...so not surprised.

Today, I found a short NPR interview with Gloria Naylor, author of The Women of Brewster's Place which was made into a mini-series by Oprah Winfrey. You can listen to it here. The interview is about her book, 1996, which tells her story about this "psychotronic" phenomena. If you want, Google "psychotronic warfare," and you can read for yourself the "out there" claims regarding this technology. And it is pretty "out there."

I've always thought the weirdness I experience/sense is nanotechnology because I feel like I have a camera in my head. As I take some very tailored cocktails, I figured the nanocams were in them. Maybe it is "psychotronic hoo ha." Whatever it is, I'm sure the ratings are down these days.

The following is from "The Jamaican Letter" by Simon Bolivar. It's paraphrased at times yet I found it so resonant with our age.

“Americans today, and perhaps to a greater extent than ever before, who live within the...system occupy a position in society no better than that of serfs destined for labor, or at best they have no more status than that of mere consumers.” “Is it not an outrage and a violation of human rights to expect a land so splendidly endowed, so vast, rich and populous, to remain merely passive?”

From the foregoing, [I]…draw [this] conclusion. [This] American…[is] fighting for his freedom, and [I intend to] succeed.”

When success is not assured, when the state is weak, and when results are distantly seen, all men hesitate; opinion is divided, passions rage, and the enemy fans these passions in order to win an easy victory because of them. As soon as we are strong and under the guidance of a liberal [mind] which will lend us [its] protection, we will achieve accord in cultivating the virtues and talents that lead to glory. Then will we march majestically toward that great prosperity for which [humankind] is destined.” Simon Bolivar, “The Jamaican Letter.”


This was the bulk of a paper I wrote for the history class I'm taking. It, more than anything else in the textbook, got my mind whirling. Yowsas!!! I'm guessing I'll get a pretty sucky grade because the rest of the paper was ughhh... Oh well, keep at it. Just keep at it.

I intend to get to "All this has happened before. All this will happen again," which is actually the first line of Disney's "Peter Pan" but BSG is what really got me wondering.

Cheers!





 


No comments:

Post a Comment